88shore A Black Rubber Gear Coupling Made with CSM+SBR Rubber (3A2006)
Gear Rubber Coupling, Hypalon Gear Coupling, Rubber Gear Coupling Made with DuPont Hypalon
1. Couplings for Air Compressors
2. Serious Production Lines
3. Top quality with reasonable price
4. Personlized package
5. OEM provided,A&V Checked
Claw type surface to surface design, has the function of protecting, vibration and shock can produce effective damping and reduce the running in process. Claw type teeth 2 sleeve are offset in the circumferential direction, in the gap in a quincunx elastic body of involute. When small deviations in the installation, the elastic body avoids the stress concentration. Can effectively compensate the axial, radial and angular displacement. Column pin coupling elastomer old-fashioned type of large volume, shear effect, easy to damage, while the elastic body new claw type couplings only under the extrusion pressure, so it can withstand greater load, better wear resistance, longer service life. And both the level of installation, and can be installed vertical.
Characteristics of CJ series coupling products:
1 has the advantages of simple structure, stable performance, stable operation
2 3 component structure, easy installation and maintenance.
3 hub and elastic body, a variety of materials to choose from, to ensure that all can work stably in various environments.
4 using a surface matching claw type shaft hub and involute arc elasticity, can avoid the stress concentration, the effective transmission of higher torque, more resistant to abrasion, longer service life.
A small protuberance pad 5 elastic body, can isolate the metal shaft hub contact in coupling installed, effective insulation, no need of lubrication. Coupling of deviation of the remedy is deformation occurs through the elastic force at the finish.
Physical character: made by injection with high quality polyester or mould CSM/SBR. It is designing and special for all kinds of metal shaft coupling with very good performance of high tensile strength, high wear resistant, high elastic resilience, water resistant, oil resistant and excellent fatigue resilience, high impact resistant etc. We have full sets moulds and supply full range of GR, GS, MT, Hb, HRC, L, NM and Gear J series couplings with high quality and excellent experience. Apply to all kinds of industrial metal shaft coupling.
material: polyester, CSM/SBR
color: yellow, red, purple, green, black etc.
tensile strength: 12-55Mpa
hardness: 80-98Shore A
elasticity impact: >25%
tear strength: 35-155KN/m
akron abrasion loss: <0.05cm3/1.61km
compression set (22h*70oC): <10%
working temperature: 120oC
standard size for polyurethane coupling:
GR14, GR19, GR24, GR28, GR38, GR42, GR48, GR55, GR65, GR75, GR90, GR100, GR110, GR125, GR140, GR160, GR180
MT1, MT2, MT3, MT4, MT5, MT6, MT7, MT8, MT9, MT10, MT11, MT12, MT13
HRC70, HRC90, HRC110, HRC130, HRC150, HRC180, HRC230, HRC280
L35, L50, L70, L75, L90/95, L99/100, L110, L150, L190, L225, L276
FALK-R 10R, 20R, 30R, 40R, 50R, 60R, 70R, 80R
standard size for rubber coupling:
Hb80, Hb95, Hb110, Hb125, Hb140, Hb160, Hb180, Hb200, Hb240, Hb280, Hb315
HRC70, HRC90, HRC110, HRC130, HRC150, HRC180, HRC230, HRC280
L35, L50, L70, L75, L90/95, L99/100, L110, L150, L190, L225
NM50, NM67, NM82, NM97, NM112, NM128, NM148, NM168, NM194, NM214, NM240, NM265
Gear 3J, 4J, 5J, 6J, 7J, 8J, 9J, 10J, 11J
special size build molding according to the buyer’s drawings
***when you enquiry, pls confirm product’s number and quantity***
Impact of Elastomer Element Design on Rubber Coupling Performance
The design of the elastomer elements in a rubber coupling plays a critical role in determining its overall performance and capabilities. The elastomer elements are the heart of the coupling, responsible for transmitting torque, absorbing vibrations, and accommodating misalignments. The following aspects of elastomer element design significantly impact the coupling’s performance:
- Elastomer Material: The choice of elastomer material influences the coupling’s flexibility, damping characteristics, and resistance to wear. Different elastomers offer varying levels of resilience, chemical resistance, and temperature tolerance. Common elastomers used include natural rubber, synthetic rubber compounds, and polyurethane.
- Elastomer Hardness (Durometer): The durometer hardness of the elastomer affects its flexibility and ability to absorb vibrations. Softer elastomers have higher damping capabilities but may offer less torsional stiffness. Harder elastomers provide better torque transmission but may have reduced vibration isolation.
- Elastomer Shape and Geometry: The shape and geometry of the elastomer elements influence their flexibility and deformation characteristics. Different designs, such as cylindrical, star-shaped, or spider-shaped elements, affect the coupling’s ability to accommodate misalignments and transmit torque smoothly.
- Elastomer Bonding: The way the elastomer is bonded to the coupling’s hubs or inserts impacts the coupling’s overall durability and reliability. Proper bonding ensures that the elastomer effectively transfers torque and maintains its properties over time.
- Elastomer Properties Over Temperature: Elastomers can exhibit changes in performance with temperature fluctuations. Understanding how the chosen elastomer material behaves at different temperatures is essential for applications with varying operating conditions.
The design of the elastomer elements is a delicate balance between providing flexibility for vibration isolation and misalignment compensation while ensuring adequate torque transmission and overall coupling stiffness. Engineers must carefully select elastomer materials and design features based on the specific requirements of the application to achieve optimal coupling performance.
Industry Standards and Guidelines for Rubber Couplings
There are no specific industry standards or guidelines that exclusively govern the design and application of rubber couplings. However, various general standards and engineering practices apply to flexible couplings, including rubber couplings:
- ISO 14691: This standard provides guidelines for the installation, use, and maintenance of industrial flexible couplings, which include rubber couplings.
- AGMA 9005: The American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) standard provides information on selecting lubricants and lubrication methods for flexible couplings, ensuring proper performance and longevity.
- API 671: This API standard specifies the requirements for special-purpose couplings used in petroleum, chemical, and gas industry services, which can include rubber couplings for specific applications.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Many rubber coupling manufacturers provide guidelines, specifications, and installation instructions for their products, helping users select the right coupling and use it correctly.
Since rubber couplings fall under the category of flexible couplings, engineers and designers can follow these broader standards and best practices while considering the specific characteristics and performance requirements of rubber couplings for their applications.
Transmitting Torque and Damping Vibrations with a Rubber Coupling
A rubber coupling utilizes its flexible rubber element to achieve both torque transmission and vibration damping:
1. Torque Transmission: The rubber element connects two hubs, which are attached to the input and output shafts. As the input shaft rotates, it causes the rubber element to deform due to the applied torque. This deformation creates a shearing action within the rubber material, transmitting torque from the input to the output shaft.
2. Vibration Damping: The flexible rubber element of the coupling acts as a vibration isolator. When the coupling experiences external vibrations or shocks, the rubber absorbs the energy and dampens the vibrations before they reach the output shaft. The rubber’s elasticity and damping properties help mitigate vibrations and reduce the impact on the connected machinery, enhancing overall system performance and longevity.
This combination of torque transmission and vibration damping makes rubber couplings suitable for applications where misalignment compensation, shock absorption, and dampening of vibrations are essential, such as in pumps, compressors, HVAC systems, and various industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-08-17